After the very successful Schools Cup winter series (terms 2 and 3), we have decided to keep running with a summer series using a similar, but different format to winter. Please join us for Round 1 of the Summer Series this Sunday 16 October at 2:15pm.
Details are a bit thin on the website at this stage. Below are some basic details. You should expect to see a calendar and programme by the end of this week.
- Riders graded by ability.
- Points earned go towards your school.
- Perpetual cups on offer for the top primary and secondary schools. -Separate to the winter cups and also kept for a year.
- Multiple round series, with multiple events on the day.
- Rounds don’t clash with school holidays, however Sunday Funday (no points for school) will be available for those families not going away.
- Same day and time – Sunday, 2:15pm sign-on opens, 3pm first event.
- Venue change – We all head over to Lidcombe Oval.
- More, but shorter, events in each round. A typical weekly programme (still in draft) will include 1. Scratch; 2. Handicap; 3. Sprint; 4. Endurance; 5. Novelty.
- Five grades catering to riders with freewheel bikes including BMX, mountain bikes, hybrid bikes, road bikes and to riders with fixed wheel track bikes.
- This venue is perfect for beginners as the course is smooth with no difficult hills.
- Much more exciting for the parents/spectators. -They can see their kids the whole time.
- Take care to approach from the corner of Church St and Olympic Dr. -Some GPSs think they can use the gated service roads on the northern side of the park. Google Maps seems to direct you appropriately using this link.
- Scratch – Riders start together. The goal is to complete a set number of laps as fast as possible.
- Handicap – Riders are released in waves by ability, with the strongest riders released last.
- Sprint – Typically shorter events.
- Endurance – Typically more laps and sometimes multiple sprints.
- Novelty – Events typically emphasise certain skills. Eg Slow Race, Chariot Race, Italian Pursuit.
|Sunday, October 16, 2016||Round 1|
|Sunday, October 23, 2016||Round 2|
|Sunday, October 30, 2016||Round 3|
|Sunday, November 13, 2016||Round 4|
|Sunday, November 20, 2016||Round 5|
|Sunday, November 27, 2016||Round 6|
|Sunday, December 4, 2016||Round 7|
|Sunday, January 29, 2017||Round 8|
|Sunday, February 5, 2017||Round 9|
|Sunday, February 19, 2017||Round 10|
|Sunday, February 26, 2017||Round 11|